This video serves as an important reminder to parents to anchor dressers and large furniture in toddlers' rooms.

A video captured by twin brothers Brock and Bowdy Shoff's nursery video monitor is tough to watch, but a crucial must-see for any parent, because it offers a heart-stopping safety warning.

First, we see the matching-PJ-clad boys engaging in some very dangerous behavior: climbing on their dresser, using the open drawers for leverage. Then, the large piece of furniture begins to tip over on them.

twin boys toppling dresser
Credit: Kayli Shoff/YouTube

Brock is trapped under the crushing weight of the dresser; it's brutal to witness his little body being slammed into the rug with such force. According to, Brock was pinned there for about a minute, and you can see him crying out.

twin saving brother from fallen dresser
Credit: Kayli Shoff/YouTube

But then, something incredible happens. Bowdy, as tiny as he is, manages to move the bureau off of his brother. If you are anything like me, you'll be left open-mouthed, and teary-eyed, as you watch this heroic tot's act of brute strength and love.

"I really believe in a twin bond," the Utah boys' mom, Kayli Shoff told KSL News about how she thinks Bowdy was able to do what he did, adding, "You always hear, that and I believe these two have it."

She also says about the terrifying incident, "I usually hear everything. I didn't hear a cry [or] a big thud." In fact, Shoff told KSL, she didn't even know the dresser had fallen on Brock until she saw the video footage. But both boys are fine following the accident. And in the wake of their nightmarish experience, which clearly could have ended much differently, the Shoffs secured the dresser to the wall, and they are urging other parents to do the same.

"We just want to spread awareness to this one accident that happened and hope it doesn't happen to any other families," Shoff said about why she overcame her initial hesitancy to share the video. Her trepidation is understandable, since the family has opened themselves up to judgment. But I for one am thankful that she did share the footage, because, I'll be honest: My kids' dressers are not secured to the wall. It's something I just haven't gotten around to. This video puts my oversight into rather harsh perspective, as I'm sure is the case with many who will see it.

Of course, we can't ignore the amazing silver lining, which is that a 2-year-old may have saved his brother's life. That's something you don't see every day! And it is incredible to behold.

What is your reaction to this startling video?

Melissa Willets is a writer/blogger and a mom. Find her on Facebook where she chronicles her life momming under the influence. Of coffee.