The 59th annual Grammy Awards ceremony will be held February 12. See which albums are up for the top spot in children's music.
The National Academy of Recording Arts and Science has just announced this year's nominees for The 2017 Grammy Award for Best Children's Album, an honor presented since 2012 to recording artists for works containing quality performances aimed at kids.
This year's list of nominees includes:
- Frances England forExplorer of the World, an album which playfully pays homage to the everyday wonders all around us
- Secret Agent 23 Skidoo for the funky, family-gearedInfinity Plus One
- The Okee Dokee Brothers'Saddle Up, a catchy country offering
- Recess Monkey, a trio of rocking teachers from Seattle, and their singable, danceable albumNovelties
- Brady Rymer And The Little Band That Could for their eighth children's album,Press Play
Two of the five nominated albums—Explorer of the World and Saddle Up—were produced, recorded, and engineered by Dean Jones, who took home the Grammy back in 2013 for his work on the Okee Dokee Brothers' Can You Canoe?
"It's pretty cool," he told the Poughkeepsie Journal. "It feels good that people like what I've been working on, what I do—and more people will hear it. That's definitely the best thing about it."
Winners of the 59th annual Grammy Awards will be announced on February 12 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, with The Late, Late Show's James Corden taking on host duties.
- Want the latest parenting news? Sign up for our Parents Daily newsletter
Check out the full list of nominees—Adele! Beyonce! Kelly Clarkson!—over at Grammy.com.
Hollee Actman Becker is a freelance writer, blogger, and mom of two who writes about parenting and pop culture. Check out her website holleeactmanbecker.com for more, and then follow her on Twitter at @holleewoodworld.