We could have picked 47 moments from this classic kids' show, but here are some of the best.
Ready to feel old? Sesame Street, which debuted on Nov. 10, 1969, turns 47 years old today! Man, Elmo, Big Bird, and the gang don't look a day over 5!
In honor of this iconic show's birthday, I'd like to share a few of my daughter's favorite moments from Sesame Street, all of which I can guarantee you I watched at least 47 times during the first year of her life.
- Have a toddler at home? Sign up for our Parents Daily for Toddlers newsletter
1. "Counting to 4," featuring Feist, is a catchy ditty that will definitely get stuck in your head for the next few hours. My apologies in advance.
2. Adam Sandler sings a song about Elmo. Awesome, but like "Counting to 4," you won't be able to get this song out of your mind for hours.
3. Jason Mraz sings a song about being outdoors on Sesame Street, and it kinda rules.
4. John Legend brings his insane piano skills and silky-sweet voice to the Street, and croons a tune with an owl, naturally.
5. Norah Jones adapts her classic song "Don't Know Why," to "Don't Know 'Y'" and it's just as amazing.
6. Andrea Bocelli belts out a stunning lullaby for Elmo. Chills.
7. Ricky Gervais annoys Elmo. But makes us laugh!
This list could go on and on, but those are some top highlights of the show for me and my little girl. What is your favorite Sesame Street moment from the past 47 years?
Melissa Willets is a writer/blogger and a mom. Follow her on Twitter (@Spitupnsuburbs), where she chronicles her love of exercising and drinking coffee, but never simultaneously.