Over 18,000 Bottles of Hand Sanitizer Recalled Nationwide for Potentially Containing Methanol
Methanol exposure can lead to nausea, vomiting, headaches and more.
ITECH 361 is voluntarily recalling bottles of its All Clean Hand Sanitizer, Moisturizer and Disinfectant for potentially containing methanol, or wood alcohol, according to a media release from the FDA. The 18,940 bottles in question were distributed nationwide to wholesale distributors and retailers.
Methanol is a chemical that can cause nausea, vomiting, headaches, blurred vision, permanent blindness, seizures, coma, permanent damage to the nervous system and/or death. While all who use the product on their hands are at risk, the FDA warns that those who might ingest the product have the highest risk. Here's what to look for on the one liter plastic bottles:
- UPC Code 628055370130
Luckily, no illnesses have been reported yet. ITECH 361 is accepting returns on all bottles to their original place of purchase and customers will be eligible for a replacement or refund of the product. You can contact Corina Enriquez at (888) 405-4442 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the recall. The FDA recommends that you contact your physician or healthcare provider if you experience any physical problems related to this product.
While this recall focuses on All Clean Hand Sanitizer, the product is part of a larger warning from the FDA about hand sanitizers manufactured by Eskbiochem. The following list of products also have the potential for unsafe methanol presence:
- Esk Biochem Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-002-01)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 75% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-008-04)
- Lavar 70 Gel Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-006-01)
- The Good Gel Antibacterial Gel Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-010-10)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 80% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-005-03)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 75% Alcohol (NDC 74589-009-01)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 80% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-003-01)
- Saniderm Advanced Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-001-01)
This Story Originally Appeared On etg