Whole-Wheat Pizzas Recipe
Try this yummy and healthy alternative to delivery.
Yield: 4 pizzas
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 3/4 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup frozen broccoli, defrosted
- 3/4 cup shredded Italian-blend cheese
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese, divided
- 1 pear, cored and sliced
- 1 cup arugula, shredded
1. In a large bowl, combine warm water, yeast, and honey; let rest 10 minutes. Meanwhile combine both flours with salt. Add flour mixture to yeast and work to form dough. Knead for 2 minutes. Evenly coat a large bowl with olive oil. Place dough in oiled bowl; cover, and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
2. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat 2 baking sheets with vegetable cooking spray. Punch down dough and divide into 4 equal pieces. Flatten and shape each into an 8-inch circle; place 2 on each baking sheet. Top 2 pizzas with sauce, broccoli, and Italian cheese. Top the other 2 pizzas with 1/4 cup fontina cheese, arugula, pear slices, and then the remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until dough is crispy.
Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal.(kcal): 278, fat, total(g): 8.6, chol.(mg): 22, sat. fat(g): 4, carb.(g): 49, fiber(g): 5, pro.(g): 12.6, calcium(mg): 189, sodium(mg): 524, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Copyright © 2013 Meredith Corporation.