3 Yummy Frozen Drinks to Make for Kids
Up your frozen-drink game with these three cool non-alcoholic sippers that combine fun techniques and super-delicious flavors kids will love.
Whip up a delicious frozen treat for your kiddos that's somewhere between a smoothie and a mocktail. These yummy drink recipes are perfect for your next BBQ or pool party.
Creamy Orange Sidekick
1. Lay two 10-oz. glasses in a bowl, resting them on a slant.
2. In a blender, mix together 1½ cups vanilla ice cream and 5 Tbs. whole milk until smooth.
3. Carefully spoon half of it into each glass on a diagonal, smoothing the surface. Place whole bowl in the freezer.
4. Rinse the blender, then add 2 cups orange sherbet, 1 Tbs. frozen orange juice concentrate, and 1/4 cup whole milk.
5. Blend until smooth, then spoon into each glass while glass is still on its side.
6. Return to freezer, along with any extra mixture, to set for 5 minutes.
7. Remove, stand upright, and top off. Garnish with orange slices and serve.
Tip: Make it your own. Use these three recipes as your inspiration, and then adapt with any flavors your kids like!
- RELATED: A Fun New Way to Eat Smoothies
Whatta Melon Smoothie
1. In a blender, combine two chopped frozen kiwis, half a frozen banana, a handful of fresh spinach, 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla coconut milk, and 1 Tbs. agave syrup (optional).
2. Blend until smooth, then carefully pour half the mixture into the bottom of each of two tall glasses (ours were 16 oz.).
3. Rinse the blender, then add 2 cups frozen watermelon cubes, 1 cup frozen strawberries, 1½ cups unsweetened vanilla coconut milk, and 1 Tbs. agave syrup (optional).
4. Blend until smooth, then pour half the mixture into each glass.
5. Top with mini chocolate chips and serve immediately.
- RELATED: 6 Alcohol-Free Cocktails
Blueberry-Marshmallow Monogram Shake
1. Use kitchen shears to halve several mini marshmallows.
2. Form a letter on the inside of each of two glasses by adhering the sticky side of the marshmallows to the side of the glass.
3. In a blender, combine 1½ cups fresh blueberries, 1/2 cup whole milk, 2½ cups vanilla ice cream, 1 Tbs. orange juice, and 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon.
4. Blend until smooth.
5. Carefully pour the mixture into the prepared glasses. Serve immediately.
Tip: Allergies? Replace milk products with your fave non-dairy alternative!