Cooking with Kids: Green Bean Fries
These crunchy beans coated with Parmesan and panko are as addictively tasty as the french fries that inspired them.
Green Bean Fries
Active time: 30 minutesTotal time: 45 minutesMakes: 6 servings
- In a small bowl, stir together all the ingredients for the dip. Cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with foil. Coat the foil with cooking spray.
- Place three shallow pans (such as cake pans) in a row. Fill the first with the flour; mix the eggs and milk in the second; and whisk together the cheese, bread crumbs, garlic powder, and salt in the third. Place the prepared baking sheet at the end of the row.
- With clean hands, dredge the beans, a few at a time, in the flour, then the egg mixture, then the cheese mixture, tossing them gently to coat them completely. Once coated, place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake the beans until lightly golden brown, about 12 minutes. Let them cool slightly before serving with the dip.
- Make the dip
- Wash and trim the beans
- Dredge the beans in the coating
- "‹Get the full recipe