1. Heat oven to 375 degrees . Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place flour, eggs and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Lightly coat zucchini slices with flour. Dip in egg and coat with bread crumbs. Set aside.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook zucchini 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side until golden brown. Cook in three batches, adding more oil as needed.
4. Spoon 1/2 cup of sauce in bottom of prepared baking dish. Evenly place 1/3 of the zucchini in dish; top with 3/4 cup of sauce and 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layering twice, adding basil between second and third layers.
5. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top and loosely cover with nonstick foil. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes; remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
6. Cool slightly before slicing. Serve with a green salad if desired.