Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Cook 9 mins
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 2 medium zucchini, ends trimmed
- 1 12 ounce box Barilla Veggie Farfalle
1. In a food processor, combine basil, 1/4 cup of the walnuts, the garlic and lemon juice. While processing, slowly stream in olive oil until smooth. Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in Pecorino Romano, salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Using a vegetable peeler, create long strips of carrots and zucchini. Chop remaining 1/4 cup walnuts. Set aside.
3. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add farfalle and cook 9 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool. Stir in pesto, carrot and zucchini strips, and remaining walnuts.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 478, Fat, total (g): 28, chol. (mg): 10, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 48, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 15, sodium (mg): 401, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.