Makes: 2 loaves. Prep: 10 minutes. Rise: 2 hours. Bake: at 375 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.
1. Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease two 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans.
2. Mix water, honey and sugar in bowl. Sprinkle with yeast; let sit until foamy, 10 minutes. Add powdered milk, shortening, egg, salt and cumin. Add flours.
3. On floured board, knead until smooth and elastic. Place in greased bowl; turn to coat. Let rise until doubled, 1 hour.
4. Punch down; halve. Flatten each half into rectangle. Place in pans. Grease top of loaves. Let rise until doubled, 1 hour.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F until hollow-sounding when tapped, 40 to 45 minutes.