1. In a small bowl, whisk yeast into warm water; set aside. In a large bowl, mix flours and salt. In another small bowl, combine oil and honey or sugar. (Tip: Use the same measuring spoon for the honey as you do for the oil so the honey will easily slide off the spoon.)
2. Add yeast mixture and oil mixture to flour. Stir until mixture becomes thick and doughlike.
3. Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes, until smooth and elastic. Place in an oiled bowl, turn once, cover with a dish towel, and place bowl in a warm spot for about an hour, until dough doubles in size.
4. Turn risen dough onto a floured surface and punch to deflate. Divide dough in half and form into loaf shapes.
5. Place dough in two 8-inch loaf pans sprayed with canola oil and allow to rise for 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, until golden brown and hollow-sounding when tapped. Remove from pans and cool on baking racks. Each loaf makes about 12 slices.