Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 20 mins Stand 5 mins
- 1 cup RiceSelect Royal Blend with Flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grain mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 fresh apricots, pitted and sliced into 8 wedges each
- 1/2 small fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Fresh cracked black pepper (optional)
1. In a medium lidded saucepan, combine rice, 2 cups water and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Bring to a boil; stir once. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 18 to 20 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together apricot nectar, vinegar, mustard, garlic and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Slowly whisk in olive oil until blended.
3. Transfer hot cooked rice to bowl with apricot-mustard dressing; mix well. Allow to cool slightly, then stir in apricots, fennel, feta cheese and parsley. Top with cracked black pepper, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 365, Fat, total (g): 17, chol. (mg): 8, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 44, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 11, sodium (mg): 712, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.