Servings: 8 Yield: 8 servings plus 2 cups for Green Beans & Brussels Sprouts Prep 15 mins Cook 28 mins
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 large shallots, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds mixed wild mushrooms (such as cremini, shiitake and oyster), sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 7 cups low-sodium chicken broth (such as Pacific Natural Foods)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1. Melt butter in a large, lidded pot over medium heat. Add shallots and saute for 2 to 3 minutes, or until softened. Add mushrooms and thyme and cook 8 minutes. Sprinkle in flour and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add stock and bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer, cover and cook 15 minutes.
2. Stir in heavy cream, sherry, salt and pepper, and bring to a simmer (do not boil). Mix in parsley and serve, reserving 2 cups for the Green Beans & Brussels Sprouts (find recipe on familycircle.com).
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 145, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 32, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 11, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 10, sodium (mg): 494, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.