Soak 30 mins Prep 15 mins Cook 56 mins
- 1 cup farro (such as Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 box (32 oz) Pacific Organic Mushroom Broth
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound wild mushrooms, sliced
- 3 shallots, diced (1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled (optional)
1. Soak farro in cold water for 30 minutes. Drain. Set aside. In a lidded pot, heat broth and 2 cups water.
2. In a large saute pan, heat 1 tbsp of the butter and the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms. Cook 10 minutes, stirring a couple times. Mix in remaining 1 tbsp butter, the shallots and thyme. Cook 3 minutes. Stir in drained farro and wine. Cook 3 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to medium. Pour in 1/2 cup of the heated broth; cook until mostly evaporated. Add remaining broth in 1/2-cup increments until farro is tender, 30 to 40 minutes. Stir in parsley, salt and pepper. Top with goat cheese, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 348, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 15, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 46, fiber (g): 8, pro. (g): 13, sodium (mg): 763, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.