- 1 cup olive oil, plus additional for greasing the pans
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup plain lowfat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- Turbinado sugar, for sprinkling
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 8x4-inch loaf pans with olive oil.
2. In a large bowl whisk together the olive oil, sugar, pumpkin, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla until smooth.
3. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Add flour mixture and the walnuts to the pumpkin mixture and stir with a few quick strokes to combine.
4. Divide the batter between the two loaf pans and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of each loaf comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool completely.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 16; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 390, Fat, total (g): 23, chol. (mg): 47, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 41, Monounsaturated fat (g): 12, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 7, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 4, sugar (g): 20, pro. (g): 8, vit. A (IU): 4213, vit. C (mg): 1, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 21, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 282, Potassium (mg): 186, calcium (mg): 66, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.