Servings: 6 Yield: servings Prep 15 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 5 hours
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 Cubanelle peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (15 oz each) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz each) white shoepeg corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- Cornbread (optional)
1. Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion and garlic. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Add to slow cooker.
3. Stir in broth, Cubanelle peppers, jalapeno, ancho chile powder, oregano, cumin and salt. Mash 1 can of the beans and stir in with remaining can of beans and the corn.
4. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 5 hours.
5. Stir in lime juice and cilantro. Serve with cornbread, if using.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 440, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 147, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 39, fiber (g): 11, pro. (g): 40, sodium (mg): 1020, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.