Servings: 6 Yield: servings Prep 25 mins Soak overnight Slow Cook on HIGH for 6 hours Cook 9 mins
- 1 bag (16 oz) cannellini beans
- 1 fennel bulb (about 1 1/2 lbs), trimmed, quartered, cored and sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 head escarole, cored, rinsed and chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup mini pasta, such as farfellini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Grated Parmesan and freshly ground black pepper
1. Place cannellini beans in a bowl with 4 cups cold water. Cover with plastic and soak overnight.
2. Drain beans and transfer to a 6-quart slow cooker. Add fennel, onion, garlic and Italian seasoning. Pour in stock and 2 cups water. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 1/2 hours.
3. Uncover and stir in escarole and diced tomatoes. Re-cover and cook 30 minutes more.
4. Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook 9 minutes or as per package directions. Drain. Stir pasta into soup along with salt. Ladle into bowls and top with Parmesan and black pepper.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 429, Fat, total (g): 3, chol. (mg): 6, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 76, fiber (g): 18, pro. (g): 28, sodium (mg): 994, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.