Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cool 1 hr Cook 45 mins Soak Overnight
- 1 cup wheat berries
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 cups shelled edamame
- 2 oranges, peeled and segments halved
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 4 scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 1 head Bibb lettuce
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped
1. Place wheat berries in a medium-size saucepan and add 4 cups water. Soak overnight.
2. Drain wheat berries; add 4 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 45 minutes or until tender. Drain.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together orange juice, vinegar, peanut oil, soy sauce, sesame oil and mustard. Stir in wheat berries, edamame, oranges, cucumber and scallions. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
4. To serve, stir well and spoon salad onto lettuce. Garnish each serving with peanuts.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 324, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 38, fiber (g): 9, pro. (g): 12, sodium (mg): 228, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.