Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook 4 hrs 30 mins to 5 hrs 30 mins low-heat setting
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/3 cup)
- 1 small red sweet pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 8 ounce ham sliced, chopped
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4-oz.)
- 4 eggs
- Snipped fresh parsley (optional)
1. Coat the inside of a 4-quart slow cooker with nonstick spray; set aside. In a large bowl, toss together potatoes, onion, pepper, ham, steak seasoning and oil. In slow cooker, layer half of the potato mixture with half of the cheese; repeat layers. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 hours.
2. Crack one of the eggs into a small dish. Stir the potato mixture. With the back of a large spoon, make an indentation in the potato mixture; pour the egg into the indentation. Repeat with remaining eggs, spacing eggs apart evenly. Cover and cook for 30 minutes more or until eggs are set. Garnish with parsley. Makes 4 servings.
Tip For Easy Cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 501, Fat, total (g): 23, chol. (mg): 273, sat. fat (g): 10, carb. (g): 46, Monounsaturated fat (g): 9, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 6, sugar (g): 4, pro. (g): 28, vit. A (IU): 1118, vit. C (mg): 73, Thiamin (mg): 1, Riboflavin (mg): 1, Niacin (mg): 4, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 1, Folate (µg): 81, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 1, sodium (mg): 1400, Potassium (mg): 1281, calcium (mg): 283, iron (mg): 4, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.