Servings: 8 Yield: 4 watermelon pizza rounds Hands On 25 mins Total Time 25 mins
- 1 baby watermelon (4 to 5 lbs.)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 6 ounces raspberries
- 6 ounces blueberries
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut, lightly toasted
- 4 gingersnap cookies, crumbled
- Small fresh mint leaves, for serving
1. Cut the ends off of a baby watermelon and slice into 1-inch thick rounds (you should get 4 to 5). In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla until medium-stiff peaks form. Spoon whipped cream onto watermelon rounds. Decorate with chocolate chips, raspberries, blueberries and strawberries. Top with shredded coconut, gingersnap cookies, and fresh mint leaves, if desired.
Tip Test-Kitchen Tip
- To toast the coconut, cook it in a skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 328, Fat, total (g): 21, chol. (mg): 51, sat. fat (g): 13, carb. (g): 36, Monounsaturated fat (g): 5, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): 1, fiber (g): 4, sugar (g): 27, pro. (g): 4, vit. A (IU): 1824, vit. C (mg): 41, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 25, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 34, Potassium (mg): 398, calcium (mg): 60, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.