Servings: 16 Prep 15 mins Bake 375°F 30 mins Microwave 3 mins
- 2 16 ounce cans refried beans
- 1 cup jarred salsa verde
- 1 8 ounce package shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 teaspoons ancho or regular chili powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 6 ounce cup shredded lettuce
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- Traditional tortilla chips or Tostitos Scoops, for dipping
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 1-1/2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spread 1 can of the refried beans into prepared dish. Top with 1/2 cup of the salsa and 1 cup of the cheese. Stir remaining can of beans to loosen, then carefully spread over cheese layer. Top with remaining 1/2 cup salsa and 1 cup cheese.
2. Cover dish with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, microwave chili powder in a small glass dish for 45 seconds until toasted. Stir into sour cream.
3. In a small bowl, combine red onion, vinegar and sugar. Set aside.
4. Remove warm dish from oven. Uncover and top with sour cream, tomatoes, lettuce, avocado and pickled red onions. Serve with chips.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 16; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 257, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 27, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 24, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 8, sodium (mg): 404, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.