- 1 16 ounce container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup packed fresh baby spinach, finely chopped
- 1 cup coarsely shredded zucchini, squeezed dry in paper towels
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, plus more for serving
- 1 egg
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 24 - 26 ounce jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup coarsely shredded carrots
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 12 whole grain lasagna noodles (about 10 oz.)
- 2 cups shredded part skim mozzarella cheese (8 oz.)
1. In a large bowl combine the ricotta, spinach, zucchini, Parmesan, basil, egg, garlic, salt, and pepper. In another bowl, combine the marinara sauce and carrots.
2. Coat a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Spread 1/2 cup of the marinara mixture over the bottom. Arrange 3 of the noodles over the bottom, breaking them to fit and overlapping them as needed. Spread 3/4 cup of the ricotta mixture over the noodles, followed by 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce, and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella. Repeat layers 3 more times, ending with the cheese.
3. Cover and cook on high for about 2 1/2 hours, or until the noodles are tender and center of lasagna reaches 160 degrees F. Turn off the slow cooker, pull out the insert (if it comes out), and remove the lid. Let stand 10 minutes. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese and chopped basil before serving.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 405, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 77, sat. fat (g): 9, carb. (g): 44, Monounsaturated fat (g): 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 7, sugar (g): 9, pro. (g): 22, vit. A (IU): 3744, vit. C (mg): 15, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 27, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 1, sodium (mg): 801, Potassium (mg): 200, calcium (mg): 446, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.