Servings: 6 Prep 25 mins Total Time 50 mins
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons extrta-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside. Arrange bacon between 4 sheets of paper towels on a plate. Microwave bacon on high (100%) power for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until partially cooked, but not brown. Let cool.
2. Cook asparagus in lightly salted boiling water for 1 minute; drain. Rinse with cold water to cool. Pat dry with paper towels.
3. Divide asparagus into 6 even piles. Wrap one slice of bacon around each bundle and secure with a toothpick. Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake, turning once or twice until the asparagus is soft and bacon is browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, honey, and olive oil. Drizzle over the bundles.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 70, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 8, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 4, Monounsaturated fat (g): 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g): , Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): 3, pro. (g): 3, vit. A (IU): 296, vit. C (mg): 5, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 21, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 131, Potassium (mg): 88, calcium (mg): 10, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.