Servings: 4 Soak Overnight Prep 15 mins Cook 40 mins
- 1 1/2 cups Kamut (khorasan wheat) berries (such as Bob's Red Mill)
- 1/2 pound broccoli crowns, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup 2% Greek yogurt (such as Fage)
- 1/4 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 2 teaspoons country Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 6 ounce bag baby spinach
- 1/2 cup crunchy sprouts (pea, adzukl and lentil blend; optional)
1. Combine Kamut berries and 4 cups water in a bowl. Soak overnight.
2. Drain Kamut and transfer to a large shallow pot. Add 4 1/2 cups lightly salted water and bring to a boil over high heat. Cover and reduce heat to medium. Simmer 35 minutes.
3. Add broccoli and edamame to pot with Kamut. Cover and cook 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cool water.
4. Meanwhile, whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, parsley, dill, lemon juice, olive oil, chives, mustard, sugar and 1/2 tsp of the garlic salt.
5. In a large bowl, combine spinach, Kamut mixture, 3/4 cup of the dressing and the sprouts, if desired. Gently toss. Season with remaining 1/2 tsp garlic salt and toss again. Refrigerate any leftover dressing for another use.
Tip Store-Bought Swap
- Use a light ranch or creamy Caeser.
- Kamut -- available in health food stores -- has a chewy, nutty texture. Brown rice or red wheat berries can be used instead.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 448, Fat, total (g): 17, chol. (mg): 9, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 68, fiber (g): 13, pro. (g): 19, sodium (mg): 533, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.