For this outstanding side-dish casserole, layer sauteed zucchini with tomatoes and three types of cheese.
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In shallow plate, mix together the flour, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, the salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Dredge zucchini slices in flour mixture to coat, tapping off excess.
3. In large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Working in 3 batches, add zucchini slices and saute until lightly browned, about 3 minutes each side, adding more oil as needed to prevent sticking. Transfer zucchini slices to work surface or baking sheet lined with paper toweling.
4. In medium-size bowl, combine the tomatoes, the pepper flakes, the 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and the 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
5. In a second bowl, combine the mozzarella, Asiago and grated Parmesan cheeses.
6. Spread a small amount of the tomato mixture over bottom of the prepared baking dish. Arrange half of the zucchini slices in single layer in the baking dish. Spoon half of the tomato mixture over zucchini; sprinkle with half of cheese mixture. Repeat the layering with the zucchini, tomato mixture and cheese mixture.
7. Bake, uncovered, until heated through and cheese is melted, about 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Makes 8 servings.