- 1 cup wheat berries, soaked overnight and drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup snipped dried apricots
- 1 medium apple, cored, peeled and sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 6 cups packaged fresh baby spinach
1. Add wheat berries to saucepan of boiling water, return to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 30 to 40 minutes or until tender. Drain; transfer to bowl to cool.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, syrup, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Toss with wheat berries, apricots, apple, carrot and onions. Serve over spinach.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 284, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 50, fiber (g): 12, pro. (g): 8, sodium (mg): 217, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.