Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Cook 1 hr 15 mins
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 package (8 ounces) wild rice
- 1/3 cup converted long-grain white rice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and halved
- 3/4 pound assorted fresh mushrooms, such as shiitake, portabella and white button, cleaned and sliced into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
1. Bring chicken broth to a boil in 5-quart saucepan. Add wild rice. Cover; reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 40 minutes. Add white rice; cover and cook 20 minutes or until wild rice grains have popped and are tender. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and green beans; cook, stirring, 5 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook 5 minutes, until mushrooms release their liquid. Season with salt and pepper. Add sherry; cook 4 minutes. Stir in rice, or combine mushroom mixture with rice in large bowl. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 293, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 18, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 46, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 9, sodium (mg): 783, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.