Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Cook 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 medium-size sweet green pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 medium-size sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 medium-size zucchini, diced
- 1 medium-size yellow squash, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 (11 ounces) corn kernels, drained
- 1 (15.5 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooked rice, sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese
1. Heat oil in 4-quart pot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and chili powder; saute for 5 minutes. Add green and red peppers; saute 5 minutes. Add zucchini, squash, oregano and ground red pepper; saute for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes; cook 10 minutes. Stir in corn, black beans and salt; cook for 5 minutes.
2. Serve with the accompaniments, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 127, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 22, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 4, sodium (mg): 446, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.