This healthy meatless meal is packed with high fiber vegetables. Pistachios on top add color and crunch.
1. In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute about 7 to 8 minutes, stirring often, or until lightly browned.
2. Add butternut squash and cauliflower; cook about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned. Add curry powder, salt, ginger, sugar and cayenne, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
3. Place 1/4 cup of the vegetable broth in a small measuring cup and stir in the cornstarch. Set aside.
4. Stir remaining broth, chickpeas and tomatoes into pot; bring to a boil over high heat. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until vegetables are tender.
5. Stir in reserved cornstarch mixture and the spinach. Stir until spinach is wilted and mixture has thickened. Add pistachios. Serve warm.