- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sliced onion
- 3 cups butternut squash
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 3/4 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (19-ounce) can drained chickpeas
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6-ounce) bag baby spinach
1. In a large pot, heat olive oil. Add sliced onion; saute 7 minutes.
2. Add butternut squash pieces and cauliflower florets; cook 12 minutes, until softened. Add curry powder, salt, ground ginger, sugar and cayenne and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
3. Place 1/4 reduced-sodium vegetable broth in a small measuring cup and stir in cornstarch. Set aside.
4. Add another 1 1/2 cups broth, chickpeas and diced tomatoes to pot and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 12 minutes, until veggies are tender.
5. Stir in cornstarch mixture and baby spinach. Stir until spinach is wilted and mixture has thickened.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 372, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 2, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 70, fiber (g): 14, pro. (g): 11, sodium (mg): 671, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.