1. In processor (or by hand), combine flour, salt, thyme, basil and rosemary. Pulse to blend. Add butter; process or cut in with pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add water, while pulsing in processor or tossing with fork, until dough begins to come together. Transfer to plastic wrap or resealable bag; shape into disk; refrigerate 30 minutes.Filling:
2. While dough is chilling, thinly slice the tomatoes; drain on paper toweling, about 30 minutes. Turn slices over after 15 minutes.
3. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. On lightly floured surface, with floured rolling pin, roll dough into 13-inch circle. Press into bottom and up sides of 11-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Trim excess dough. Prick bottom of crust with fork; line shell with foil. Fill with pie weights or dried beans.
4. Bake in bottom third of 400 degree F oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven; remove foil. Brush crust with egg white. Bake in oven for 5 minutes. Transfer pan to rack to cool.
5. Spread crust with pesto. Sprinkle with cheese. Decoratively arrange tomato slices in concentric circles. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6. Bake in 400 degree F oven for 30 minutes or until tomatoes are soft and crust is golden brown. Brush with oil. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove pan sides. Garnish with basil leaves, if desired.