Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 20 mins
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes OR: white potatoes, unpeeled and scrubbed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 slices Oven-Dried Tomatoes (recipe on www.familycircle.com), chopped
1. Coarsely chop potatoes. Place in pot. Add water to cover. Bring to boiling; boil for 20 minutes or until fork-tender.
2. Drain potatoes; return to pot over low heat. Add salt, butter and milk; mash to desired consistency.
3. Add Cheddar cheese and tomato pieces; mash well. Serve warm. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 195, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 22, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 28, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 4, sodium (mg): 310, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.