Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 19 mins Grill 10 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds eggplant, ends trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 pounds plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 swordfish steaks (about 12 ounces each), 1 inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooked angel hair pasta (optional)
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add eggplant and cook, covered, for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, salt and red pepper flakes. Simmer 10 minutes, covered, stirring occasionally. Tear in basil leaves.
2. Meanwhile, heat grill or broiler to medium-high. Cut each swordfish steak in half and season both sides with salt and pepper. Grill or broil for 4 to 5 minutes per side, until fish is cooked through.
3. Spoon sauce over fish and serve with pasta, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 345, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 62, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 21, fiber (g): 9, pro. (g): 36, sodium (mg): 594, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.