Servings: 8 Yield: 8 (1/2-cup) servings + leftovers Prep 45 mins Roast 350°F 30 mins to 40 mins Bake 450°F 12 mins to 15 mins
- 4 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 - 3 cups tiny marshmallows
- 1/4 cup pecan halves, toasted
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Scrub potatoes and prick with a fork. Brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon salt. Place potatoes in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Roast, uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes or until soft. Cool until easy to handle.
2. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F. Halve potatoes; scoop out flesh and discard skin. Press through a fine mesh sieve. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. In a small saucepan combine butter and whipping cream; cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a simmer. Fold into the sweet potatoes along with the maple syrup, nutmeg and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Transfer to a 2-quart baking dish.
4. Sprinkle marshmallows on potatoes. Bake, uncovered, 12 to15 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown. Sprinkle with toasted pecans. Serve immediately.
Make Ahead Tip
- Up to 1 day ahead, prepare through Step 3. Cover and refrigerate. To reheat, bake, covered, in a 350 degrees F oven for 55 minutes, stirring once. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F. Uncover and proceed with Step 4.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 255, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 33, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 30, Monounsaturated fat (g): 5, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 11, pro. (g): 2, vit. A (IU): 148, vit. C (mg): 2, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 12, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 670, Potassium (mg): 378, calcium (mg): 40, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.