Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Grill 20 mins
- 3/4 cup peach preserves
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ginger root, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Asian hot chili sauce, such as Sriracha
- 1 medium-size eggplant, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 large zucchini, cut diagonally into 1/3-inch-thick slices
- 2 summer squash, cut diagonally into 1/3-inch-thick slices
- 3 assorted sweet peppers, seeds removed, each cut into 4 pieces
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 12 ounce package cooked chicken and apple sausages
- 1/2 pound pound whole-wheat spaghetti, cooked following package directions
Make It Sauce:
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the preserves, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and chili sauce. Stir in 2 tablespoons water. Set aside.
2. Heat gas grill to medium-high or prepare a charcoal grill with medium-hot coals. Lightly coat grill rack with oil or nonstick cooking spray. Vegetables and Sausage:
3. In a large bowl, toss the vegetables with the vegetable oil. Grill in batches for about 5 minutes per side, brushing the sauce over the vegetables every few minutes. Brush the sausage with the sauce and grill for about 3 minutes per side, until nicely browned. Remove to a cutting board and slice into chunks on the bias.
4. Toss the pasta with the remaining sauce and serve alongside vegetables and sausage.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 483, Fat, total (g): 19, chol. (mg): 50, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 68, fiber (g): 10, pro. (g): 17, sodium (mg): 859, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.