Servings: 6 Prep 30 mins Cook 35 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes (about 3/4 pound), seeded and chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup mashed potatoes (about 2 potatoes)
- 1 cup fresh lima beans OR: fresh butter beans OR: 1/2 of 10-ounce box frozen beans, thawed
- 7 shucked fresh corn, kernels cut from corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; saute 1 minute. Add tomato, water, potatoes and lima beans. Cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes or until beans are tender. (If using frozen beans, reduce the cooking time to about 20 minutes.)
2. During the last 5 to 10 minutes of cooking time, add the corn kernels. Season with the salt and pepper. If the mixture becomes too dry, add a little more water and correct the seasonings to taste, adding more salt and pepper as needed. The succotash should be thick but not dry. Serve warm. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 221, Fat, total (g): 3, chol. (mg): 5, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 46, pro. (g): 8, sodium (mg): 369, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.