Servings: 8 Yield: 8 stuffed tomatoes Prep 25 mins
- 8 large red or yellow tomatoes, (8 to 10 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound imitation crabmeat, shredded
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium-size sweet yellow pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground celery seeds
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1. Slice 1/2 inch from top of each tomato. With a spoon, hollow out the insides, leaving 1/4-inch shell. Salt inside of tomato shells lightly; invert onto paper toweling to drain.
2. Combine the imitation crab, red onion, sweet yellow pepper and carrot in medium-size bowl. Mix together the regular and low-fat mayonnaise, lemon juice, ground celery seeds and nutmeg in a small bowl. Whisk in milk until smooth. Stir in cilantro. Add to the crab salad and gently mix to combine all the ingredients evenly.
3. Stuff each tomato with crab salad, dividing equally. Chill slightly if desired. Makes 8 stuffed tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 195, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 23, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 19, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 11, sodium (mg): 381, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.