Makes: 6 servings. Prep: 15 minutes. BAKE: at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
1. In a small skillet, over medium heat, saute scallions in 1 tablespoon of the butter until soft, about 3 minutes. Let cool slightly.
2. In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Stir in feta and cottage cheeses, dried dill, salt and scallions. With hands, gently squeeze all water out of spinach. Add spinach, rice and lemon juice to egg mixture, stirring to combine well.
3. Heat oven to 350 degrees and set out a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Melt remaining 5 tablespoons butter.
4. Unroll phyllo; keep covered with plastic wrap. Working quickly and carefully, remove 1 sheet and place on a clean, flat surface. Brush very lightly with melted butter and place in pie plate with about 2 inches of phyllo hanging over the rim. Repeat with 7 more sheets, arranging around the pie plate in an overlapping pattern with a 2-inch overhang.
5. Scrape spinach filling into pie plate, smoothing the top. Brush butter over 1 phyllo sheet, fold it in half and place it on top of the filling. Repeat with a second sheet. Gently lift the overhanging phyllo over the top to encase the pie, Lightly brush the top with any remaining butter. Roll up the remaining phyllo. Wrap it in plastic wrap; freeze for another use.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until filling reaches 160 degrees and crust is golden.