Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 29 mins
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Asian chili-garlic paste (such as Sriracha)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 block (14 ounces) firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 large sweet red peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup baby carrots, cut diagonally into thirds
- 4 ounces snow peas, trimmed and halved diagonally
- 6 cups leaf spinach, stems removed
- 8 ounces soba noodles, prepared according to package directions
1. Blend soy sauce, sugar, chili-garlic paste, ginger and 1 tablespoon of the cornstarch.
2. Pat tofu dry. Place remaining 7 tablespoons cornstarch in a pie plate; coat tofu on all sides.
3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu to skillet in 2 batches; cook each 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet.
4. Add red pepper, carrots, snow peas and 3 tablespoons water to skillet and cover; cook 6 minutes or until tender. Add spinach; cover. Cook 1 minute. Stir in soy sauce mixture; cook 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in tofu; serve with noodles.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 482, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 81, fiber (g): 8, pro. (g): 20, sodium (mg): 404, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.