Servings: 10 Prep 15 mins Cook 35 mins
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup chopped sweet green pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium-size tomatoes, peeled and chopped OR: 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, drained
- 2 medium-size zucchini, diced
- 2 medium-size yellow squash, diced
- 3 jalapeno peppers, halved, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 13 3/4 ounce cans vegetable broth
- 2 19 ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 10 ounce packages frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1 15 ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
1. Heat oil in large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add pepper and onion; cook until vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
2. Add zucchini, yellow squash, jalapeno, chili powder, cumin, sugar and salt; cook 1 minute. Add broth, black beans, corn and pinto beans. Simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes.
3. To serve, ladle chili into bowls. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired. Makes 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 194, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 37, pro. (g): 11, sodium (mg): 679, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.