Servings: 12 Prep 15 mins Cook 25 mins
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium-size onions, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 6 large), peeled and cut up
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until golden. Add sweet potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
2. Add 2 cups water, raisins, light-brown sugar, salt, ginger, cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Cook, covered, over medium heat 12 minutes or until tender. Stir occasionally.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 235, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 49, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 312, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.