Servings: 8 Prep 20 mins Cook 15 mins
- 2 1/4 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon hot-pepper sauce (optional)
1. Bring 6 cups of water to boiling in large saucepan. Add potatoes and garlic. Cover; simmer until potatoes are fork-tender, about 15 minutes; drain potatoes.
2. Return potatoes and garlic to saucepan. Add butter, milk and salt. Mash potato mixture with potato masher. Sprinkle with a little hot-pepper sauce if desired. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 182, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 25, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 23, pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 213, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.