Servings: 4 Prep 25 mins Cook 7 hrs to 9 hrs (low) or 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours (high) Stand 5 mins
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 15 ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 14 ounce can vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- Hot cooked rice
1. In a 3-1/2- to 5-quart slow cooker, combine carrots, potatoes, garbanzo beans, green beans, onion, garlic, tapioca, curry powder, coriander, crushed red pepper, salt, and cinnamon. Pour broth over all.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours.
3. Stir in undrained tomatoes. Cover; let stand for 5 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice. Makes 4 servings.
Tip For Easy Cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 407, Fat, total (g): 3, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 87, fiber (g): 12, pro. (g): 13, sodium (mg): 1068, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.