1. Heat oven to 475 degrees F.
2. Slice each tomato into 4 equal slices, each about 3/4 inch thick. Place the slices in a single layer on a large ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle the tomatoes with total of 1/2 teaspoon salt.
3. Place bread in food processor or blender. Pulse with on-and-off motion until fine crumbs form.
4. Combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, olive oil, garlic, oregano, pepper and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the tomato slices.
5. Bake the tomatoes in 475 degree F oven for 15 minutes or until they are tender and the topping is golden. Serve hot or at room temperature. Makes 8 servings.