Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Cook 20 mins Bake 350°F 15 mins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 canned anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes in puree, drained and tomatoes broken up
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 4 swordfish steaks, 3/4-inch thick (2-1/4 to 2-1/2 pounds total)
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
1. In medium-size skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion; saute for 5 minutes. Stir in anchovy; cook 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, the oregano and red-pepper flakes; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Season swordfish with the remaining salt and pepper. Place fish in the prepared baking dish. Spoon the tomato sauce over the swordfish.
3. Bake in 350 degree F oven for 15 minutes or until the fish flakes when touched with a fork. Garnish with the grated lemon rind. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 194, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 40, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 6, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 21, sodium (mg): 621, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.