Yield: 12 pancakes Prep 15 mins Cook 8 mins
- 1 potato (3/4 pound), peeled
- 1 sweet potato (1/2 pound), peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 5 scallions, sliced lengthwise into 3-inch julienne
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegetable oil
1. Grate both potatoes into large bowl. Mix in lemon juice, scallions, eggs, salt, pepper, tarragon and flour.
2. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Using 1/4 cup for each pancake (for total of 12), drop potato mixture into oil; cook in batches if necessary. Flatten each into 4-inch pancake. Cook 4 minutes per side or until cooked through. Adjust heat to prevent burning. With slotted spoon, remove to paper toweling to drain. Makes 12 pancakes.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 88, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 36, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 8, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 2, sodium (mg): 103, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.