Yield: 10 cups Prep 30 mins Bake 325°F 45 mins (baked outside turkey)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 package (10 ounces) herb-seasoned cubed bread-stuffing mix
- 2 corn muffins (3.5 ounces each), crumbled
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) chicken broth, divided
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F. In large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery and cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add carrots and cook 1 minute more. Transfer to a bowl.
2. Add stuffing mix, corn muffins, parsley, thyme, and sage to vegetables; toss to combine. Set aside 1/2 cup broth. Mix in remaining broth. If baking inside turkey, you'll need 5 to 7 cups stuffing.
3. To bake separately, moisten stuffing with reserved broth and transfer to a greased, shallow baking pan. Dot with butter. Cover and bake 30 to 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 to 15 minutes more.
Variation Sausage and Prune Variation:
- Omit butter. In a skillet, cook 3/4 pound herbed bulk sausage. Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels. Cook vegetables in sausage drippings. Add sausage and 3/4 cup chopped prunes when combining stuffing ingredients.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 116, Fat, total (g): 4, carb. (g): 18, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, pro. (g): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.