Yield: 2 cups Prep 15 mins Stand 2 hrs
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro OR: parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped pickled jalapeno pepper OR: 3 to 4 dashes hot-pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Drain tomatoes in colander over bowl. Reserve liquid for other uses.
2. Place tomato in bowl. Stir in red onion, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, jalapeno pepper and salt. Let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.