Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Cook 25 mins to 30 mins
- 1 cup sake (see Note)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 5 slices fresh ginger
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound large fresh mushrooms, rinsed, drained, stemmed and caps thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dark Asian sesame oil
1. Combine sake, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, ginger and garlic in medium-size nonreactive saucepan. Bring to boiling over medium heat. Add mushrooms. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until liquid is almost evaporated, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Remove and discard ginger. Stir in sesame oil. Set aside to cool to room temperature. Cover, refrigerate and serve cold. Makes 4 side-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 133, Fat, total (g): 2, chol. (mg): , carb. (g): 13, pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 392, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.