Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Roast 400°F 1 hr
- 1 fennel bulb (about 3/4 pound), stemmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 turnips, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 carrots, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 parsnips, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 yam, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In large roasting pan, combine all the vegetables with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add thyme, salt and pepper; toss to coat completely.
3. Roast vegetables in 400 degree F oven for 30 minutes, stirring vegetables every 10 minutes. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Roast, stirring occasionally, another 30 minutes or until caramelized and browned.
4. To serve, spoon into a large bowl. Garnish with parsley. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 169, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 26, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 2, sodium (mg): 262, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.